Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Years Resolution Update.

So I am very pleased to inform each of my blog buddies, that for the past 31 days I have stuck to my new year resolution of Low carbs, and NO sugar for the entire month of January.......Let me back up a bit. On October 1st, (becca's wedding) I had reached my weight loss goal of 185 for that special day. In fact, I think we all made our goal for that event. Anyway, 185 on the 1st was the one and only day I was that weight. By October 2nd it was gone. too much fun and good food. Then of course came thanksgiving and Christmas, and before you knew it on December 31st I was back up to 198. I said to myself, " there is NO WAY, I am going over 200 again!!" So I started the Atkins diet for the month of January. 31 days of only 20 net carbs and 0 grams of sugar. How did I do........Today I weighed in at 185.6!!!! I lost 13.1 pounds in 31 days. I am sticking to it a few more days, thinking about rewarding my efforts with a big Superbowl eating blowout on February 5th. I'll let ya know how that all goes down later. It for sure has been tough, but in the end I cannot deny the results. So how are you doing on your new year's resolution??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suck! I've only been to the gym, once, since the new year. I have a thing inside me that says " If you WANT it; then have it." That being said, that is not always the best choice for me. Okay, Ryan, I'm on it! I will check back with the new year's res in 1 month. Wish me LUCK. Best-Joannie